Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

my BEST authentic PIZZA yet (2+ years of attempts/fails) (PIC HEAVY)

NDGNDG Posts: 2,171
edited June 2014 in Forum List
Followed a Forno Bravo dough recipe called "Basic Vera Pizza Napoletana Dough Recipe" and weighed it out the ingredients with my digital scale.  I added a dot of EVOO during the low speed kneading for extra flavor.  This recipe could be made and used same day - but I wanted a cold rise.   So I took this dough and followed some cold rise instructions in an old mag (La Cucina Italinana - Bravo Pizza edition from 2012).  Nothing special in the mag, but it helped guide me and I went with a 1.5 day fermentation covered in the fridge.  Divided it into 4 tight balls for 12" pizzas, and let it come to room temp under a damp cloth as the egg got to temp around 600F.  I had the stone raised above the felt for extra heat so the top would brown correctly.  TURNED OUT TO BE MY BEST YET.  Great flavor, airy with an amazing chew!

Toppings that cooked with ZA all came to room temp with the dough before assembly: Crushed Tomatoes (pushed through strainer), Whole Milk Motz (shredded), Italian Sausage (grilled on the egg), Onion, Drizzle of Good EVOO

Toppings after ZA cooked: Fresh Basil & Fresh Shaved Parm (24 month aged), Drizzle of Good EVOO

Columbus, Ohio

Comments