Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Table

Options
I built this in order to not lose any deck space and incorporate the egg into the exisiting rail space.  Replanted a few plants and a couple rose bushes to make room.  The storage underneath has a plastic bin interior to store about 20 pounds of lump on the left side and my accessories on the right side.  The table is made of all treated wood painted with Behr Deckover paint to match the rest of the deck.  The inserts are ceramic and sit about 1/16th above the surface to act as hot plate setting.  2 4x4 posts on the rear and the one in the front, along with the existing rail 4x4's make it solid as a rock, that egg ain't gonna roll!  The table is about 34" deep at the apex and just over 60"wide at the front edge.  Kinda different than most, but momma always said I was "special".
LBGE

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Very nice. Looks like you've covered all the bases. Very nice yard too!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DTEgg
    DTEgg Posts: 93
    Options
    Thanks, I really enjoy working in the yard, kinda how I relax.  Now with the egg, I can start chow and do all the mowing, trimming, planting, feed the koi and monitor the temp with the Maverick and then have a nice dinner waiting!
    LBGE
  • r2davis65
    r2davis65 Posts: 148
    Options
    Excellent job!
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Nice corner table.... Ya got any form of drawings for it??

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Good looking table.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DTEgg
    DTEgg Posts: 93
    Options
    Dave-
    I didn't work off of drawings, just kinda had an idea of what I wanted.  I started with a plain section of rail and altered from there.  No reason you couldn't do this in a corner setting, but you might not have as much space on either side for plates & such. I have about 19" deep and 24" wide on either side of the large egg for table top area (the arch reduces to the rear, of course). The table height is 31.5", the egg sits at 17.5".  This gives me 4.5" clearance on the hinge (egg closed), so you could come a little higher if you wanted.  I used the original railing height to match the rest of the deck railings.  Just cut out the exisiting spindles to allow access to the egg.  The top tiles are 12 square, the one under the egg is 18" square.  Set the rear 4x4s in concrete as are the original railing posts. The storage box is treated 1/4" "barn siding" with 2x2 interior framing and 2x4 supports underneath…I can snap a couple pics of the side/rear if you think it would help you out.
    LBGE