Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ninja Ultima Blender

Options
2»

Comments

• jeroldharter
    jeroldharter Posts: 556
    Options
    I have the Ninja Ultimate. It is very good and durable. We use it mostly for smoothies and shakes. However, is is less of a blender and more of a grinder meaning that the texture is somewhat coarse relative to a top end blender like a Vitamix. So if you are very particular about the texture of soups, or even the fineness of ice grating for mixed drinks, the Vitamix is a meter option. But for most people and especially families, the Ninja is very good. Nice to get the individual serving containers.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    hondabbq said:

CNET has great, very in depth, review of like 6-7 blenders. Well worth skimming over. There is one, forget model, that was cheap but way overachieved. Can't recommend looking at that article by CNET enough

Just read it and the article was about the ninja.
    http://www.cnet.com/news/from-smoothies-to-pesto-seven-blenders-reviewed/

That's article I had in mind
    Boom
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    We have the Vitamix 5200... and yes they are expensive, but after using it for a few years,I have to say it is easily worth it!
    I can blend virtually anything with it and it handles ice and frozen foods very well. Believe it or not its the frozen fruits that really test the motor.
    Great product however, and if you blend a lot I would strongly consider one.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR