Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wow Chicken!!

Options
2»

Comments

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Mighty fine looking bird
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options

Looks great. I spatchcocked a couple chickens on a LBGE for the first time last weekend. Simple rub then BBQ glaze. 325* indirect. Flipped three times. 20 min skin down. 10 min skin up and glazed. 20 minutes skin down and glaxe meat side. Then skin side up and reglaze every 5 minutes until 165* internal. I can't believe how moist the bird stayed. I will definately save this recipe to try. From now on I will treat two chickens to different preperations each time cooking to learn. And will be stocking up on chickens when they are on sale. I love cooking on this Egg!

Jim

LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Yum!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Looks amazing!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • thailandjohn
    thailandjohn Posts: 952
    Options
    Beautiful looking and I can see by the pictures it was delious
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Thanks. It's my favorite of all the chicken rubs/methods I've tried.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut