Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two cook results and passing the torch

Options
TonyA
TonyA Posts: 583
So I did two very different rib cooks this weekend.

$10.99/lb baby backs from whole foods went on the smoker at 300 dome at about 2pm. It was the first time my almost 4 year old (my older son) went from lighting the fire with me to coming in to prep the racks and out again to put them on. I was looking to let it rise to 350 for a hot and fast cook when we got called down to the beach and then back over to the house where we cooked the pig Saturday. Ok, I closed our vents down a good bit and went for a 4 hour cook. I got a little carried away as the dome was just 200 deg when we got back at 615 but the ribs were reasonably cooked. I painted them with a little sauce and headed out. They were well received and my son was very proud to have been a part of it.

He passed on lighting the grill today, but he did sign back up for applying rub on $2.99 St. Louis cut ribs. They looked good. I stocked up. We also picked up a 4lb chicken. Here I did the 350 for 2.5 hrs on the ribs and 1.5 hrs on the chicken. Now, the chicken didn't really get a lot of smoke, but it seriously took on no color and next to no fire cooked flavor. I cook my thanksgiving turkeys on the egg- I've never seen anything like it. The ribs were solid.

My only proof:

Comments