Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Detroit area eggs

Options
Not sure if it is all home depots or not butbi was just at the 12 mile and 75 store and they had a whole pallet of royal oak lump for $12.97/bag. Just figured I would share
Pure Michigan
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Comments

• Ktim
    Ktim Posts: 364
    Options
    The one in canton has the same deal.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I'm surprised Detroit has home depots. Do you mean hardcore pawn instead of home depot?
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    BYS1981 said:

I'm surprised Detroit has home depots. Do you mean hardcore pawn instead of home depot?

The whole city or metro Detroit for that matter, does not resemble the scenery shots of 8 Mile Rd on Hardcore Pawn. The same thing that your neighborhood doesn't look like where the banjo player in Deliverance lives. Just sayin'.
    Flint, Michigan
  • shadowcaster
    shadowcaster Posts: 620
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone‌ I completely agree with you, don't judge what you don't know. Detroit metro is a great area. We have more to offer than most!
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • Ktim
    Ktim Posts: 364
    Options
    I live in the same county as Detroit and it is great where I live. That being said BYS1981 your opinion about Detroit is right on.It is a shithole and always will be.The Hardcore Pawn shop  is one of the nicest places in the city,and what you see on TV is exactly how detroit really is.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    Are there areas in Detroit thats a sh!thole? Obviously. And Flint is a bigger sh!thole per capita than Detroit. My Dad taught me that when you paint with a wide brush, you lose the details that make something special.
    Flint, Michigan