Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Never forget! (Memorial Day)

2»

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited May 2014
    RIP Frederick E Pokorney Jr, one of the first to die in Iraq 2003.
    He was a classmate of mine in college and I remember him as a serious man who was in the ROTC program at my school. He talked with me about my athletic feats while inn school and how he enjoyed the game days.

BTW I always knew while they got no attention or glory guys like this served the bigger cause and were more brave than I.

He had a presence about him, and 2 years later when I saw his face, wife and daughter on TV my heart dropped.

RIP friend.
    Seattle, WA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Thank you in remembrance of our fallen brothers & sisters. image
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • 3sheets
    3sheets Posts: 81
    Freedom is never free!

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

• msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    PNWFoodie said:
    I am a proud veteran of the US Army. While I appreciate all the comments thanking me, please know that Memorial Day is not my day. My day is Veterans' Day. Memorial Day is dedicated to those who died in service to their country. It is my belief our words on this day should honor only them. Please don't wish anyone "Happy Memorial Day". I know you don't mean to offend, but there is nothing happy when we think back to our brothers/sisters lost in battle. Have your BBQ (duh), but please remember this holiday wasn't meant just as the start of summer or so people could light their lump. :) I salute those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to their country and send thoughts of thanks and love to their families.

^ this……well said my friend.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    i am actually infuriated about something.  my wife is a teacher.  because the school missed a lot of snow days this year they are actually going to school on Monday and i think it's horribly disrespectful and only adds to separation our younger kids have about knowing what so many did for us to maintain our safety and freedom.

i just can't believe a decision was made to go to school on what should be a sacred day and should certainly be observed for all the reasons mentioned throughout this thread.  it saddens me and it saddens her……she has been all over the internet trying to find age appropriate info and videos to show her class all day tomorrow.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!