Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Mod Help

Options
I never thought something so smalls as a table could be so addicting. I want to buy every little gadget and gizmo i can for this thing until broke! Cant tell if im throwing money away, or should have just saved up for a nicer table? 

Finished Mods:
Stained and sealed
Concrete paver with ceramic legs
Added hooks for tools
purchased cover
Things I've been looking into:

1) Find a granite slab with the same dimensions to lay on top of the entire surface (ball park cost?). 

2) Or I would like to cut a large insert for my cutting/prep area, but have no idea where or how to start, nonetheless the tools.

3) Make a cabinet for charcoal, plate setter, electric starter, extension cord, wood chips. Or find a plastic bin mod that slides at the bottom?

4) Get some bigger rubber wheels for the table in the event of a bad storm? The table can get pretty heavy on the small wheels.

5) A paper towel rack, or rack for my personal hand towel, since I always have one on my shoulder, leave it out to not make the table look cluttered.

Antyhing I should leave out, or add on from the experienced folks out there? Thoughts, pics, opinions please!

Heres a pic i found on the web of my exact table:
Grilling in Ga

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    So you have no skills? None at all? Where in the country are you? Maybe someone here can point you toward someone that has skills
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Options

Take a look at the gallery of tables at:

www.nakedwhiz.com

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I'm lost. ? The thread title lead me to believe you already had a table you wanted to mod and needed help? No??
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Egglovin
    Egglovin Posts: 26
    Options
    grege345 said:
    So you have no skills? None at all? Where in the country are you? Maybe someone here can point you toward someone that has skills
    No much skill when it comes to wood work, but ill try finding a good DIY perhaps. 

I'm lost. ? The thread title lead me to believe you already had a table you wanted to mod and needed help? No??
    Yes, i already have the table in my possession, just need to take an updated picture. The point of the thread is for help, and any ideas or opinions on my options. 
    Grilling in Ga
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    So the table is wood similar to the one pictured. Ok. Gotcha.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    @Egglovin if you were close I'm sure we'd be able to figure out mods over some booze. By the looks of it you could add a drawer pretty ez below the egg
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Egglovin
    Egglovin Posts: 26
    Options
    So the table is wood similar to the one pictured. Ok. Gotcha.
    Its actually the same exact model table in the picture, ill try to snap a shot tomorrow.

grege345 said:
    @Egglovin if you were close I'm sure we'd be able to figure out mods over some booze. By the looks of it you could add a drawer pretty ez below the egg
    That would be awesome, as im always fully stocked with beer. A table would definitely look nice under there, just need to find me a good a good guide.
    Grilling in Ga