Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Proper instructions for installing the Rutland gasket with Permatex Copper high temp sealant.

Options
I just recently  purchased Rutland Gaskect ( 5/8"  7' long) along with the permatex Copper high temp sealant. I plan on following the instructions on  the TNW site for cleaning the egg, but I have not found proper instructions on installing the Rutland Gasket with the permatex. Can someone point me in the right direction for these instructions or send them to me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    @RRP - you want to take point here?????  I wanna keep a copy of this handy for when its time for my gasket replacement!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    edited May 2014
    Options
    To date I have sold 1,160 of the proper sized Rutland gaskets to people in 42 states and 11 foreign countries. I don't make a profit on them like ACE or Amazon does but I get a kick out of helping people with how to install it properly so it will last for years. Those instructions on TNW site is an out of date summary from my 2 pages of detailed instructions written way back when using the crappy Rutland adhesive instead of the Permatex Ultra Copper I have recommended using for years now. BTW I hope you are planning to put that 7 foot on a large as it isn't long enough for an XL. Oh well - send me a PM and I'll answer your questions...BTW how much did you pay for your gasket kit?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • deenet
    deenet Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi RRP, my BGE is a large. I believe i paid $14 on Amazon a while back