Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CGS rig extender question

Options
grege345
grege345 Posts: 3,515
Will a rig extender work on top of the woo? I need to do multiple racks of ribs and the swing grate ain't gonna cut it. image
LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    I think they are the same diameter so it should work but if you give Tom a call at Cermaic Grill Store he will tell you for sure.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    I don't have the rig extender but reading the product description, it appears the rig extender is only 1.5" in height. Even if it fits, is that enough height for you? Should be enough clearance for spares but I would think the extra meaty style baby backs might be a tight fit. I also wonder if the Woo handles would be in the way (handles on my Woo stand 1 3/4" above the grid).

Here's how I set up for a two grid cook with the Woo: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I use a CGS 16.5" grid as the upper and it gives me 4" of clearance over the bottom grid. A 15" grid from a medium would be another option for the upper grid.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Caymanite
    Caymanite Posts: 57
    Options
    I don't think the extender will work on the woo but when I emailed that question I beleive he said they were working on making one.
    Large BGE - Jupiter, FL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    maybe not as pretty as laying flat but rib racks work
    if you needed two levels you might need to jack up the woo, this was with an AR. the max on one level was over 20 racks by chef wil on a large, one level

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it