Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

23 hours and 15 minutes

Options
jhoward82
jhoward82 Posts: 26
Thanks some clogged vents that I had to open up, my low and slow ended up being loooow and sloooow. :)

Don't remember starting weight of pork butt, I believe it was around 9 pounds. Coated it heavily in rub and let it sit for a couple of days, then threw it on the Egg on Saturday night around 8:30pm. Let it hit a high of 277 before lowering it for the night. Grill was around 198 when I checked it in the morning, let it percolate in the 200-210 range for most of the day, then happened to notice it had dropped to 189. Got the holes inside cleared out, charcoal stirred up and going well, and let it crawl its way up to 245. 7:45pm on Sunday the pork was at 190, so I finally pulled it off the Egg, wrapped it while I put the Egg to bed, then pulled the pork. It was incredibly tender and tasty. Did a mix of smoke, hickory and apple with some mesquite to give the smoke a little kick. Am curious how it will taste tomorrow now that it has been all mixed together and the flavor will permeate. 

Comments