Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Any Spanish Knife Experts?

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
My BIL bought me these at a shop in Toledo, Spain. Anyone know anything about the knife? The label on the blade is Toledo Molibdeno Vanadio.
imageimageimage
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Send them to me. I'll check them out.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • DMW
    Options
    @travisstrick‌ Thanks for the offer, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. :))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Google that $#i+. I just put in Toledo Molibdeno Vanadio and got all kinds of hits. Nice looking knife from your BIL.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMW
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL Yep, seems like that label is a big generic. Was hoping someone might know more of what it is. I'll do some more digging.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    Options
    And here's some other goodies SWMBO brought back for me.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Those really look nice.  That carving fork looks like the one that Gemma imbedded in Tara's skull on the season finale of S.O.A. @-)

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited April 2014
    Options
    @DMW‌ did you find out anymore on these particular knives? Don't leave us hanging ;-).
    Say your BIL isn't on any wanted lists is he? I'm just saying that's all :-P.
    BOWHUNR said:

Those really look nice.  That carving fork looks like the one that Gemma imbedded in Tara's skull on the season finale of S.O.A. @-)

Mike

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DMW
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL Not yet, still searching. Pretty sure these are clean. :))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @DMW‌ :D lol I'll take your word on it brotha.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Based on the name they appear to be AUS-8 steel(Molybdenum Vanadium Stainless steel)