Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kabobs after mattress shopping

Options
Jeremiah
Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
Seriously debating mattresses today. Down to temperpedic and sealy iCloud (temperpedic knockoff) I'd really appreciate some input if anyone has either. Prices were about the same and so was the warranty. Also I tried the sleep number and ruled it out.

As for the kabobs, this was the first time I left off the butter garlic sauce and just did some cowlick and s&p. next time I'm going back to my butter! image
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    We have the Serta version of the same bed (with gel added for cooling). It took several months to really get used to the change, but now I really like it.
    NOLA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Bobs looking good. Personally I can't take any of the memory foam. They are too hot. I would just get a good normal mattress.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    There is a top pad available for the Tempurpedic that works fine. That said my wife has the windows open all winter.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Double Bogey
    Options
    I bought a Tempurpedic when we furnished our cabin.  After a bunch of research and shopping I still had concerns about it being hot.  It is not a problem at all.  In fact when we moved I bought a second one for the new house.  I chose the raphsody model and opted for the twin king.  The mattress is one heavy beast if you get a king size.  The twinned style is two XL twins and it much easier to deal with.  They are great and for my money can't be beat.

by the way, the kabobs look great!
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Hey Larry! You coming to Toronto Fest?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    buzd504 said:

We have the Serta version of the same bed (with gel added for cooling). It took several months to really get used to the change, but now I really like it.

My apologies. I meant Serta not sealy.

I did my best not to look at prices today as I really wanted to find the best bed, but wow, I laid on one that was a hamburger shy of $10k. That's nuts. Both the Serta and temperpedic that I liked were closer to entry level prices and it thankfully was comfort that lead me there. But still this is a huge investment. At this point longevity is my main concern. Too bad I can't "sleep on it" seeing as how I don't sleep anymore.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Got a Tempurpedic about three years ago, best decision I've ever made.  It slept a bit warm at first, but I got used to it.  No experience with the Serta so I can't compare.  Glad you passed on the SleepNumber, overpriced air mattress.... 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    SWMBO and I went mattress shopping a few years ago. Felt like I was buying a pimped out sports car. The prices were freaking crazy ass high. Needless to say we still have our pillow top Sealy Posturepedic mattress. We also looked at the Sleep# and my number was...lower than their asking price. 8-}
    Your kabobs look great!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL