Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XLBGE Underbite after replacing top dome

Options
This is a little different than the 50 or so other threads about lid adjustment, so I am hoping someone has some advice for me.  I have an XLBGE and he the lid replaced under warranty.  I loosened the top band and replaced the top lid, and after getting everything nice and tight, I notice that the Egg has an underbite of about 1/4".
There are 2 small bolts on each side than have a little bit of play to be able to bring the the top lid forward, but I have this all the war forward.  Since I am replacing the entire lid, the gasket width isn't an issue.  As far as I can tell, I can't bend the bracket forward (nor do I want to) to move the top lid forward.

Any ideas or videos on how to bring the top lid forward on an XLBGE?

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Jim,
    Personally I would have trouble getting too excited about 1/4" underbite on an XL! Before you fret too much more take a steel tape measure and measure your dome outer diameter from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock and then from 9 o'clock to 3 and record these measurements. Then do the same with your base. Compare these measurements and I bet you will find the reason for your underbite and no amount of adjustment will fix an out of round condition - EVER!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Mine is about 5/16 over bite no problem as long as it seals.