Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First brisket success

Options
DIAD
DIAD Posts: 187
Thanks again to everyone for the help on my first brisket cook! Here are some pics. Friday night we started out with a pizza, then the brisket followed by 10lbs of wings. Half with swamp venom and half with shaking the tree. It was a pretty good party to say the least!
Chester, MD

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Looks like you nailed it!  =D>
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Looks great! I hope by half swamp venom and half shaking the tree you were talking about the wings and not brisket. ;)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DIAD
    Options
    @DMW‌ yes, definitely on the wings. The brisket was rubbed with dizzy dust coarse.
    Chester, MD
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    "Doin' the Bull Dance. Feelin' the flow. Workin' it. Workin' it." I can only think of one thing that would've made it better.;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Nice bark and my guess is that isn't your first brisket, just the first on the egg?
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • flyhigh_airman
    Options
    Is there any way you could walk me through what you did for that successful brisket? That thing looks AMAZING!!! I have yet to have a brisket turn out good....
  • DIAD
    Options
    @Ladeback69‌ yes that was my first brisket of all time. I have been nervous to try.
    @flyhigh_airman‌ if you can find the thread titled tonight's the night you will see all of the stress that went into this. Ask away! I will help in anyway that I can.

Basically, I got a 12lb packer from Walmart. Trimmed it up from the Franklin video. Rubbed with Dizzy Dust coarse. Put on the egg for 16hrs anywhere from 220-260 and it went as low as190. I used oak and hickory for smoke. Every single step I learned on this site. There truly are some very experienced cooks on here that enjoy sharing the techniques.
    @NPHuskerFL‌ that would have certainly helped!
    Chester, MD
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks awesome DIAD.  The pizza, brisket, and wings all look great.  You gave your egg quite a workout this weekend.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    You've got skills!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE