Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Kitchenaid mixer price???

2»

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited April 2014
    BTW - here is a picture of my extension to the shelf when I want to use the grinder attachment.
    imageimage
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    edited April 2014
    I inherited a KA from the early '80s about two years ago. I use it a couple of times a month, but my MIL used it several times a week. It is still going strong. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • fannin
    fannin Posts: 18
    I tried to get Kohls to match the price of Costco(349.99 with $60 instant rebate $289.99) and they would not do it in store. any suggestions?
  • RRP
    fannin said:
    I tried to get Kohls to match the price of Costco(349.99 with $60 instant rebate $289.99) and they would not do it in store. any suggestions?
    Did you have it in hand in an ad or a link? I printed out some ad I found on the net and the clerk didn't even need to get a supervisor to over ride! Talk to a manager is my suggestion.
  • fannin
    I printed the page off with link. The manager came up and told me "they don't match costco because it's a wholesaler". I may try to call and order it tomorrow. 
  • RRP
    edited April 2014
    fannin said:
    I printed the page off with link. The manager came up and told me "they don't match costco because it's a wholesaler". I may try to call and order it tomorrow. 
    http://www.everythingkitchens.com/kitchen_aid_pro_600.html Here's a link (hopefully I can post it) to Everything Kitchen. That is where I started out with their ad when Kohls wanted $499 on sale for $469 and EK was $329. Then I parlayed that with a senior citizen 15% discount ( you have someone you can drag to the store to buy it for you to get that?) then they were having a $10 coupon for every $50 purchased and we just grabbed some cheap thing nearby to get another $10 and then KA had a promo going with a $50 meat grinder for free. Timing is important but worth the effort!

• fannin
    I also tried to have them match that website. The manager only wanted to match Target which wasn't much cheaper.
  • RRP
    fannin said:
    I also tried to have them match that website. The manager only wanted to match Target which wasn't much cheaper.
    Then rather than for me to bad mouth Kohl's I will back off, but they must have changed corporate policy since I bought mine. Any Kohl's execs out there??? 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I'd pay the extra $100 to get it from Costco. If it breaks in 3 years or whenever take it back and they give you a full refund. My food saver attachment hose quit working after almost 2 years and I took it in with no box or anything and they gave me a full refund. I buy everything possible from Costco or amazon.