Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Cedar Plank Salmon

Options
I don't care much for Salmon and even on the egg I don't care for it. The wife wanted salmon and I told her she buys it ill cook it. Went into garage and cut off a plank of cedar and soaked it for about 3 hours. I dusted with evoo and DP Rajun River. Tossed on raised direct at 325 and drank a scotch.

Did some shrooms stuffed with gorgonzola and jelly and a side of quinoa. I did a side of @caliking‌ Siracha sauce so I could handle the taste of Salmon. Wife didn't want it. I was so pleased with the sauce and I'm not sure how wife felt about hers because she decided to play the wife silent game at dinner.

Oh well mine was great. imageimage

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks good. I still have some of that sauce left - made even a cheese sandwich taste better.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    @caliking‌ that's funny I was thing tomorrow I'm making pimento cheese and will make some Sammy's out of it. That sauce will be a sweet topper.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    edited April 2014
    Options
    'She decided to play the silent game after dinner' ... I'm a single guy, not familiar with this game. Please explain. Tim
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    That's a big piece of salmon for your wife and someone who doesn't care for salmon. You're a good man for planking it for her.

From reading your post I'm confused as to why you got the silent treatment but, I can tell @SoCalTim that it's a "game" we rarely, if ever, win.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

@SoCalTim it's a game where you replay everything you've said or done the past 5 years to try and think if anything you've said or done in the last couple days have triggered that event. It's a brain teaser...

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    By the way @tuttle871, good looking cook, sir!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options

@SoCalTim it's a game where you replay everything you've said or done the past 5 years to try and think if anything you've said or done in the last couple days have triggered that event. It's a brain teaser...

@Chris_Wang - so you've only known your wife 5 years. When we "play", I've got to go back 15+ years!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌ haha. So the riddle gets harder... 8-X

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    The silent treatment is a game the wife rarely uses but the crazy thing we wake up in the morning and everything was back to normal. I still don't know why I got it.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.