Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
beefribs.jpg
<p />It's been a looong time. Probably 15 years or so since I've bothered with beef ribs. For some reason, I suspect they'll be a bit better on the egg than my old metal offset. :)[p]These are cut and rubbed, staing up in a generiuc rib rack. Shootin for a 5-6 hour cook at ~200 - 215.[p]I'll let y'all know![p]bc[p][p]

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    bc,[p]They were absolutely awesome. I wouldn't want to compare them to pork ribs, they are just different, but eggcellent.[p]I didn't get a chance to snap a photo at the finish line; the diners were just too hungry![p]I don't even remember why I stopped doing beef ribs so long ago, but I will be doing these again. Perhaps a bit longer next time, these still had some fat to render, but not too terribly much.[p]bc[p]
  • carpetman
    carpetman Posts: 95
    Options
    bc,[p]I love beef ribs too. Can you tell me your recipe![p]I am planning a cook-out this weekend and thought I might try beef ribs.

• Unknown
    Options
    Carpetman,
    These where about as simple as can be. I had some generic rub lying around (the usual paprika, salt, garlic and onion powders, variety) and rubbed it on the ribs about an hour before they went onto the smoke.[p]They sat at between 200 - 250 for 5 hours. If I had the time, I would have left them on longer to render more fat, say, 1 - 2.5 more hours or so.[p]I guess the main thing I did differently than pork ribs, aside form the timing, is that I had cut the ribs into individual rib sections before rubbing and smoking. This I would definitely do again. This gave it more surface area for rub, and smoke penetration.[p]enjoy!
    bc