Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I love my husband....

Options

DH was out of town this week for work and he emailed me a link to Ceramic Grill Store saying there were some pretty cool things for the egg on the site.  I told him I already knew about it but I try not to look because then I want more toys to go with my LBGE.  This was his response:

"Lets see. we have the egg (major cost already incurred) . we enjoy using it so if there are things that make using it better (at a fraction of the cost of the egg) then why not get them? "

I guess it's time to go shopping!  :D  Now what should I buy?

Jen

Lakeville, MN

Comments

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    I have the AR R&B combo with the extender and love it!  Use it every cook - Also got a spider.
    Milton, GA.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    henapple said:
    If ya'll ever divorce...give him my number.
    I had a completely different reaction... a wife that want's to spend money on grill stuff and not another pair of shoes or a handbag!  :-bd
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited April 2014
    Options
    An answer to this question depends upon what you already have. If you do not have the AR, Extender, and Spider. That is the perfect place to start. I have an interesting alternative, however. Before I got my BGE I had a Vision and purchased the Vision AR Spider Combo (with the Spider welded to the base of the AR.)  It fits perfectly in my BGE so I continue to use it. In fact I find it to be wonderful  because of its compact all in one nature. The only down side is that if you want to sear down low on the Spider you have to do it with the AR in place. I have thought about getting a stand alone Spider for this purpose. The 13" X 17" brisket / ribs stone is a must have. The CI grill grate is also on my list.  Have fun with your shopping trip. I would think about what cooking method you use the most and buy something to enhance that. For example the AR and Extender with two stones, one set high and a deflector set low  IMO is the perfect set up for pizza.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    I recommend you call and talk to Tom at cgs, he won't steer you wrong, give you great recommendations based on what you cook.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    oh, I think I love your husband too.......lol

If you need some help feel free to call us.  Terri or I are happy to assist.  The phone number is on the site.

tom 
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Get an AR, R&B combo. Mine lives in the egg.
    Dunedin, FL
  • JenGang
    JenGang Posts: 91
    Options

Thanks everyone for your input.  I think I'm leaning towards the AR but need to figure out which set up.  I'm going to wait until after we've paid taxes to hit him up for it.  LOL 

And don't get me wrong, I love a new handbag just as much as most girls.  But I really love cooking and making others happy with the yummy food I feed them.  I think I enjoy that just a little more than the girly things in life.  :)

Jen

Lakeville, MN