Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vegetables (Brussel Sprouts)

Options
This has become one of our favourites and cook at least once a week.  Looking forward to August when we can add some fresh corn.

The Brussel sprouts are steamed in the microwave for 8 minutes.  Add to ziplock bag with red and white onions, mushrooms and peppers.  Add olive oil salt and pepper.  Mix and add to the grill direct for about 5 minutes.

Thanks!
Dave
Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)

Comments

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    I hated B.Sprouts in my childhood as mom just boiled them and put them on a plate. Because of age and issues that come with it I am trying to eat healthier. B.S's have become a favorite when roasted on the grill in a mixture such as above. Geepers Wally, I've even put 10 B.S. plants in the garden.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Great cook-I love brussel sprouts but I split them before tossing on the BGE.  Similar basket but add garlic cloves so the vampires don't get me!  Unfortunately neither does SWMBO after that cook!   :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Brussel sprouts are awesome on the egg. I toss in EVOO, balsamic glaze,garlic & pepper. Then into the basket at 400 raised direct.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    I've been making them in the sous vide with a little butter and garlic powder then skewer and go direct... Pull and add a little parm cheese...num num num...
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    Found a pic
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • keepervodeflame
    Options
    Guys, If you like sprouts you will love this. I have fed it to people who hated sprouts and instantly  they became sprout converts. 

I got this recipe from a local restaurant. It was before St. Patricks day a few years back and the chef was looking for a new take on corn beef and cabbage. It is a pretty simple prep but it certainly works and tastes great. 

After you wash your sprouts, hold them firmly on a cutting board and slice them as thinly as you can. Slicing each sprout completely into very thin strips. You will end up with what looks like a pile of slaw. For the next steps you will need a few strips of bacon, thinly sliced onion, (I use Texas sweet onions) minced garlic, slivered almonds, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Fry up the bacon crispy  in a well seasoned  CI skillet, take out the bacon, let cool, and crumble. You are going to use the bacon grease as you proceed, (how much you use is between you and your Dr).Add the onion and garlic to the pan and caramelize the onion.   Add the sprout slaw, crumbled bacon, slivered almonds, and a little olive oil and balsamic to the pan. Over medium heat your looking to just heat the sprout slaw all the way through. It does not take a long time. Add kosher salt and ground pepper to taste and adjust your oil and balsamic to your liking. serve as a side dish. 

If you don't tell them people will say, wow this is really good, what is it!. You can also use the same recipe with raw sprout slaw and use it as a light flavorful salad. 

Enjoy.