Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Traveling with my LBGE this weekend

Options
jls9595
jls9595 Posts: 1,533
Taking it to my brother's house about four hours away and plan on cooking a couple times. I am also bringing the food. I brined 3 chickens Wednesday night, took them out and cut them into pieces, removed the skins from the leg/thighs and meat glued them back on(first time playing with meat glue, why not?) and made one of those chicken breast rolls with the skin glued back on from this Cen-Tex thread.  The chicken sat in the fridge last night and the plan is to pack it in ziplock bags in a cooler for the drive and cook it all tomorrow. So I guess my question is, how will the time from brining(Wednesday) till cooking(Saturday) affect things, if at all?image
Mine certainly isn't as pretty as Cen-Tex's, it's quite ugly actually. The Moo-Glue set up well though.
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!