Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Oh, and I'm feeling it.  Going to try and keep this buzz going through the back nine at Augusta on Sunday.  Cheers!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Sig and watching the NCAA championship game.  Go Nova!
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options

This porter is from Poland. First time. Very tasty. Will find more of these. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @acn I haven't yet. I'll have to ask around.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    @acn I haven't yet. I'll have to ask around.
    It's really good.  My guy had some, but said not a lot of places did.  I got a couple and if you're interested I can grab you a bottle or two next time I'm over there let me know.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Tröegs Nugget Nectar . . first time try - got some from Costco . . its ok.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Titos. Have a batch of dough rising may need it sooner than later
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    NDG said:
    Tröegs Nugget Nectar . . first time try - got some from Costco . . its ok.
    You need to find some perpetual IPA 
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Having a 1999 Pilsner at GC while waiting on a pick up order.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    Old Weller Antique 107
    Just had this tonight with a SRF ribeye filet.

Another Masshole?
    No. Wifes coworkers did a beer run up there just to visit the brewery and get some beer. Daytrip.
    Philly burbs here.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Drinking Woodford Reserve Double Oaked tonight.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • HopFather28
    Options
    Horse Tongue Thribble Currant and Turkey 101
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    A Fat Heads Hop Juju and now a Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout.  If I post everything for the rest of the weekend I'll be blowing this thread up!
    Steve 

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,431
    Options
    The most sought after beer in my area. I live ten minutes from this brewery.  This beer can't be found anywhere.  I was lucky and spotted two bottles at lunch at my local meat market.  9 bucks a bottle.  Cave aged in Oak bourbon barrels for a year.  Powerful. 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Nice @kl8ton , That beer has become such a ****-show upon release lately that I've given up on trying to get some.  A buddy of mine and I drove to Grand Rapids back in '08 for the release.  Calmly walked into the brewery at noon for lunch.  Sat at the bar, ate lunch, drank a couple of beers, grabbed our two cases (each) and then went down the street to Hop Cat to check it out.
    Running across town to different stores, calling to be put on waiting lists just isn't my game anymore. 
    We've finally gotten enough local breweries that I can usually find what I need on the shelves.
    KBS is still a great beer regardless, enjoy!
    Steve 

• kl8ton
    Options
    @YEMTrey
    I put no effort into getting it.  All the local tappings are packed.  Not my scene.  I do try to buy it off Co workers who get it.  No one will sell. And for good reason.  I was just shocked when I walked into Sobie Meats and there it was.  Have you tried Perrins?
    Grand Rapids MI
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    @kl8ton , Agreed, nice find.  I haven't tried Perrins.  Matter of fact, it's been too long since I've been back up in your neck of the woods.  I need to make that trip again.  I love to hit Kuhnhenn and Dark Horse on my way to Grand Rapids. Michigan is loaded with outstanding breweries.  Add in Short's and the Livery, another two amazing breweries. You definitely have it good!  Cheers!
    Steve 

• kl8ton
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    @kl8ton , Agreed, nice find.  I haven't tried Perrins.  Matter of fact, it's been too long since I've been back up in your neck of the woods.  I need to make that trip again.  I love to hit Kuhnhenn and Dark Horse on my way to Grand Rapids. Michigan is loaded with outstanding breweries.  Add in Short's and the Livery, another two amazing breweries. You definitely have it good!  Cheers!
    Next time you are here send me a pm. I will buy you a drink at the mitten or harmony. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,673
    Options
    Gin Tonic made with:
    1 oz local gin
    3/4 oz locally made tonic syrup
    3 oz carbonated water made in a siphon 
    Slices of Meyer Citrus

The gin and tonic syrup were both great but their flavour were somewhat fighting each other.  This was great but next time I'll use another gin.  The Ungava gin will be better paired with just a plain tonic water.

Options
    Steve 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great IPA!  Thanks @northGAcock!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Cleaning out the basement after a power company surge blew the sump pump.  Not how I wanted to spend my Saturday:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,448
    Options
    @YEMTrey -  I am with you but for bourbon.  Same drill here, around 10 years ago you could walk into the local liquor store and find Van Winkle's 10, 12 and 15 on the shelf.  I'm not playing the game to try and get it now.  Once the national market opened up to bourbon, away it went. Progress??

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YEMTrey -  I am with you but for bourbon.  Same drill here, around 10 years ago you could walk into the local liquor store and find Van Winkle's 10, 12 and 15 on the shelf.  I'm not playing the game to try and get it now.  Once the national market opened up to bourbon, away it went. Progress??

It's become ridiculous.  Had a friend buy me a PVW 23 reserve at a restaurant here a few weeks back...$110!  Can't find it for a reasonable price anymore.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,448
    Options
    @bgebrent -  now that's a friend...judgement??? ;)  I'm nursing the last few shots of a PVW 20 bottle I got thru a lottery a couple of years ago.  Definitely not worth it now.  Onward and upward.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent -  now that's a friend...judgement??? ;)  I'm nursing the last few shots of a PVW 20 bottle I got thru a lottery a couple of years ago.  Definitely not worth it now.  Onward and upward.
    I hear ya!  Judgement was not impaired, just a special occasion. Lots of other fine options for sure!
  • Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Options
    Watching the Masters started with 2008  Rochioli Pinot Noir which was unreal, this is next

LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.