Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket going on tonight..

Options
With all the posts of everyone putting briskets on, I didn't want to be left behind. ;))  Called the butcher and he had a fresh brisket just come in, so I went down and after him trimming it up some, (hope it looks better than the last one for those off you that helped me out last time.) I left with a 9# packer. This time I want to try doing burnt ends. I have read a bit, some like them and some don't want to use the point for that. I want to give it a try and see what we think. Unfortunately I don't have any oak chunks for smoke, last time I used hickory and  mesquite. I want to give it a less smoke flavour. I have peach chunks, what do the masses say about that type of wood. Going to have to source oak up here in the GWN, or maybe get some from Fruita Wood if they can ship across the line.
Plan is to have the brisket on tonight by 10:00 and that should give us enough time to finish the cook at about 5-6pm tomorrow.put the point back on for a couple or three hours for the burnt ends. Does this sound ok to y'all, I will post some pics later.
Large, small, and a mini

Comments