Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corned Beef and Spicy Cabbage

Options
After having a great Eggfest last week in Salado my wife kept requesting Corned Beef and Cabbage. The girl is far from being Irish but hell when Cinco De Mayo comes she thinks she Hispanic. I didn't have time to make make a Corned Beef flat from scratch because of how much alcohol I consumed this weekend so I bought a flat already brining (don't judge me).

One thing I had been thinking about was my cabbage. I didn't want to go traditional so I went Cajun cabbage as I shall call it. I did one head of cabbage, a few bacon slices, 1 jalapeño, 1 shallot, 6 cloves of garlic, and cumin and cayenne pepper. Sautéed all veggies with the bacon and then tossed in the cabbage. Here was the secret about 2 tbs of apple vinegar. The cabbage was awesome and the wife was asking if I can remember the recipe over and over through dinner.

Also a friend of mine decided to show up at my house today for some reason but handed me these towels for appreciation for cooking for her all the time. Well she got to enjoy the goodies as well.

imageimageimageimage

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments

• Keefer
    Keefer Posts: 120
    Options
    Looks delicious. Drooling here!
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Forgot to say I cooked the beef for around 6.5 hours at 225. I did wrap in foil with about 1.5 hour left due to the wife was not home yet and I didn't want dry meat.

Also I apologize again for not exact measurements of what I cook, I'm one of those people that throw and go till I get my taste of what I like.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.