Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Canadian Eggcessories - Limited to None

Options
AD18
AD18 Posts: 209
So I was thinking about getting a couple of Eggcessories.  I stop by my Egg dealer to get the Egg calzone press.  Can't find one.  I ask the dealer if he has one and he gives me the blank stare and gets out his Eggcessories list.  Calzone press isn't on it.  He proceeds to tell me that even though it is in the glossy Egg catalog Big Green Egg only supplies Canadian dealers with a limited number of items, not the whole catalog.  I check a couple of the big Toronto dealers and they do not have all the accessories either.  Look online but shipping costs more than the press.  Let alone border fees if from US.  Guess I make calzones by hand.   Sad................
Large BGE, Weber 22.5 kettle, Weber Genesis
Cobourg, Ontario

Comments

• cheech5001
    cheech5001 Posts: 102
    Options
    @AD18 - I'm sure I've seen the calzone press around...call Dickson's in Toronto.  I believe I even saw it in the Eggcessories booth at the Toronto Eggfest last year, at which everything is discounted!  Come on down to the Eggfest in June and pick up everything you need at a discount (and some great eats!)  
  • AD18
    AD18 Posts: 209
    Options
    I'll see if they have one.  Ontario Gas BBQ doesn't have it on the Eggcessories pdf file I had them send me.  There was a bunch of stuff missing off of it too. I really wanted to go to the Toronto Eggfest, but I have another event going on that day.  Very disappointed:( 
    Large BGE, Weber 22.5 kettle, Weber Genesis
    Cobourg, Ontario
  • cheech5001
    cheech5001 Posts: 102
    Options
    @AD18 , I'm pretty sure I have seen them at Barbecues Galore as well.
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    I got mine from Amazon - US. Try Amazon - Canada.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    @AD18, I think I saw it at Niagara fest last August. Also saw it at Corelle/Corning warehouse in Vaughan last year, much cheaper than identical one with BGE packaging.
    canuckland