Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackened Snapper

saluki2007
saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum
So this awful winter weather has finally broken. What a better way to celebrate by egging! Tonight I did some blackened snapper for the wife and I with a side of brussel sproutes and yukon gold potatoes. Coated the taters with evo, garlic powder and kosher salt. I placed a spoon full of butter in AF and wrapped the taters. Cooked them for about 40 min and then pulled. Coated the sproutes with evo, kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Cooked those in my BGE veggie wok at 400 for 40 min. At this point took the taters out of the AF and placed back on the grill. Cooked the taters and sproutes for another 15 min. I then cranked the egg up to 500-550 with my CI skillet inside to preheat. Let it stabblize for about 30 min. Coated the fish with butter and Chef Paul Prudhomme's blackened redfish magic. Put meat side down first. Cooked for 2.5 min with the lid open (these were pretty thick steaks). Flipped and cooked for another 2 min with the lid closed. Pulled and plated atop some rice pilaf. Washed it all down with a glass (or 3) of Woodford Double Oak. Everthing was fantastic and I really enjoyed cooking this one the egg. Best part...no smoke or foul smell in the house for a couple days ;)
Large and Small BGE
Central, IL

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I REALLY need to eat more fish!! Especially blackened fish! Yours looks great!! 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,735
    Chef Paul Prudhomme's blackened redfish magic is one of my favorite rubs of all time. I use it on all kinds of stuff.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    edited March 2014
    Chef Paul Prudhomme's blackened redfish magic is one of my favorite rubs of all time. I use it on all kinds of stuff.
    I love using it on a mix of shrimp, crab and lobster, blackened in a CI skillet, over angel hair pasta.  Great meal.
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Great looking meal! Double starches, huh? ;) Wish I could have some, really craving some potatoes right now.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    The potatoes and rice were for the wife.  I try to stay Paleo/Primal as much as possible.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL