Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

won a large with accessories and want to sell

Options
Hello All, I won a large egg with nest,sideboard, grill grip, ash tool, starters and 20lb bag of bge lump coal. don't know where to start but want to sell. I'm not big grill enthusiast but I figure you folks know this things value. I'm in chicago suburbs. Everything is still in unopened packaging.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Would you mind telling us who held the contest? Diehard eggers would love to enter these contests as it amazes me of the people who win eggs but have no interest in keeping them! Thanks and BTW someone will be along to take it off your hands.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Where are you located??? (Please be close). 

EDIT: Nevermind. After rereading I see that you are NOT close. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • BigGreenCraigdotcom
    Options
    Where are you located?
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    He is in Chicago Craig. You are like me. You got excited about the possibility of a good deal and overlooked that. 

I am thinking about adding another large and table. 

• teddymac42
    Options
    Golfweek Magazine
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    @teddymac42 you are a lucky guy!

• RRP
    Options
    Golfweek Magazine

Thanks - so was it just one of many prizes offered?
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    lucky you. I would say it a pretty good problem to have. I want a second egg as well. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Prodraft
    Prodraft Posts: 22
    Options
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Teddy, I'm assuming since it is unopened and from a contest it comes with a VALID warranty. This will change the price you get, but what I'd do is call a Chicago dealer and get a quote as an idea what they cost.

• RRP
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Teddy, I'm assuming since it is unopened and from a contest it comes with a VALID warranty. This will change the price you get, but what I'd do is call a Chicago dealer and get a quote as an idea what they cost.
    Actually that warranty bridge has been crossed several times before and it is best that the prospective buyer contacts Atlanta and walks through the registration. The seller should be able to provide legit paperwork of some sort supporting their winning it.
  • teddymac42
    Options
    Actually I won a putter and some golf video game and a subscription to there magazine. I looked into what its all worth and I'm sure you all know as well. As far as the warranty I'm assuming there are registration papers but like I said I have not opened anything.
  • RRP
    edited March 2014
    Options
    teddymac42 - perhaps this will help you understand why the registration issue is so important and plays a major part in determining your eventual selling price of a new egg. When properly registered to the first time buyer they receive a life time warranty on many critical ceramic parts. Without that warranty then the out of pocket replacement costs are hefty for the parts that are prone to break. I just thought you ought to know why it's such a big deal to a buyer.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    teddymac42, you really want to contact bge and make sure that new egg comes with a warranty to the new buyer. if i were buying it new from you and it came with no warranty i would be wanting 300 dollars off the price, replacement parts for these are not cheap
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • teddymac42
    Options
    ok, I called BGE and the warranty does not transfer, they can trace back to me as the original owner but then again it sounds like you fellas already knew that. I also called local dealer and got what the whole package is worth($1250). Make an offer if you like, need to pick it up and I do not want to seperate any thing.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I don't think I have registered my Egg.  Can I still do it if I bought it over two years ago?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,144
    Options
    ok, I called BGE and the warranty does not transfer, they can trace back to me as the original owner but then again it sounds like you fellas already knew that. I also called local dealer and got what the whole package is worth($1250). Make an offer if you like, need to pick it up and I do not want to seperate any thing.
    This has never made sense to me - I can buy someone an Egg and have the warranty transfer to them no problem.  If it's new in the box, you should be able to "gift" it to someone as well.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    This has never made sense to me - I can buy someone an Egg and have the warranty transfer to them no problem.  If it's new in the box, you should be able to "gift" it to someone as well.
    Same as when you "win" a car. It's a used car even if you never drive it a mile. It's been registered in his name already. Someone "gifted" it to him to start with. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,535
    Options
    Interesting gray areas ... few years ago someone bought a fest demo egg as a wedding gift, warranty or no warranty then ???
    canuckland
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    I don't think I have registered my Egg.  Can I still do it if I bought it over two years ago?
    As long as you have your receipt, you are fine.  You might want to go online and register it anyway, but it shouldn't be required.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options

check your inbox

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Pinkfacemark
    Options
    Hello All, I won a large egg with nest,sideboard, grill grip, ash tool, starters and 20lb bag of bge lump coal. don't know where to start but want to sell. I'm not big grill enthusiast but I figure you folks know this things value. I'm in chicago suburbs. Everything is still in unopened packaging.
    Which direction of suburbs are you in?
    Large BGE from Normal, IL 
  • teddymac42
    Options

Still looking for a local buyer

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options

Which suburb?  I might be interested for my brother in law.
    NOLA
  • teddymac42
    Options
    southwest near 355 and 55
  • Prodraft
    Prodraft Posts: 22
    Options
    How much, I can be there in 2 hours