Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizzas

Options
I made three pizzas tonight. This was my first run at pizza. I made a NY style pizza dough and let is rise overnight in the refrigerator. I used this recipe for my dough and sauce. I put them on the Egg at about 600 degrees (plate setter, legs down, then standard grate, then pizza stone.)
I still have some work to do on dough, configuration, etc. but overall I was happy with the results. We made three pizzas: red sauce, mozz, bacon, and caramelized onions (no pics); a standard red sauce, cheese, and basil; and one with pesto sauce (from a jar), mozz, chicken (cooked on egg, chopped, frozen a month ago, and thawed tonight), and roasted red pepper (made on egg as it heated up.)

imageimageimageimageimageimage
Gadsden, AL
Twitter: @matalexander

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Those look good to me!
    NOLA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Kenji knows his stuff. That NY recipe is awesome. For that dough, I would suggest about 500° though. And cook for a bit longer. Maybe a bit more space between the platesetter and the pie. This is my version of the same dough/sauce...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• MatAlexander
    MatAlexander Posts: 30
    edited March 2014
    Options
    @Carolina_Q About how long do you cook it at 500?
    Gadsden, AL
    Twitter: @matalexander

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Been awhile since I did that pie so I don't really remember exactly. Kenji says 12-15 minutes at 500° so I'm sure that's what I did. He is rarely wrong.

Just pay attention and check the bottom form time to time.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    Looks great for a first attempt!
    Milton, GA.