Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Another Amazon Lightning Deal Alert - Kuhn Rikon Garlic Press

Options

Heads up.......If anyone is looking for the Cadillac of garlic presses, it looks like Amazon is going to have it on Lightning Deal today at 2:00pm CST.  http://amzn.com/B0000CD0HX

I went through a lot of different garlic presses before special ordering this one through my local kitchen store.  It was the top rated one by America's Test Kitchen and I think it cost me close to $50 ten years ago.  All stainless steel, and it's simple to clean.

I don't know why, but I'll probably order a second one if it's a good deal. 

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Sweet... Random, OT, and slight spoiler alert: If anyone watched the latest Modern Family, MItchell tried to distract Cam with a bright, new garlic press.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Outstanding press. Got one after seeing America's Test Kitchen.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I have a plastic Kuhn Rikon. Its okay. Depending on the price, I may swing it.

It's 32.28 right now. I'm thinking 20-25.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Best garlic press I've ever had (after trying several) was bought for a few bucks from IKEA several years ago. it broke after 6-7 years, and when i went to get a replacement the design had changed (not for the better). luckily I found the version i used to have at a garage sale, and life has been good again. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I really never press garlic anymore.  Just mince fine and press with the side of a knife with some kosher salt.
    NOLA
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    Thanks for tip. Mine arrives Monday.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life