Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous Vide - Is this a good deal?

Options

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That's a good deal for the demi. Folks also like the Anova which is similarly priced. But you may need a polycarbonate tub which will cost a little extra, if you don't use a stock pot or something similar .

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Angus1978
    Options
    I have the Anova, and I love it.....I think either way you go you'll be happy.
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options
    @caliking how is the capacity of the demi?  Do you ever think it is too small?

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @BigWader - it works for me. i usually cook for 2-4 people, once I fed 8 people with 4 big ribeyes. I wanted something relatively compact, that i could keep on the counter everyday. If my sous vide cooking increases exponentially, I may buy the Anova and a large polycarbinate tub to feed more mouths.  

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.