Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin...Yuck

Been egging 5 + years, however my recent cooks have me stumped.  Tonight, got the egg going at 350 degrees steady for about 60 minutes.  I put a couple of pork tenderloins on and cooked to an internal 145.  Thin blue smoke but noticed a remanent of that nasty smelling smoke lingering on my hat and clothes and sure enough the tenderloin was filled with that nasty taste.  Lump was Royal Oak red bag lump.  Last few cooks have been the same.  Of course Wife and kids eat it up but I'm appalled by it.  Not sure if I just developed a sensitivity to the lump charcoal burning smell or completely lost my egging ability which I doubt but unfortunately or fortunately I never get that nasty bad charcoal taste from my stick burner which has me perplexed....anyone ever experience this?

Comments