Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

St Louis and rib tips

Options
BREWnQ
BREWnQ Posts: 219
Gonna do 2 racks for SuperBowl and wanna have tips as some little snackys.  I'm sure the cook times are different so what would be the best way to do both at the same time on a LBGE?
Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
Orange, CA

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    edited January 2014
    Options

In my eggsperience the trmmings from converting spares to St Louis cut tend to finish in around 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours with the ribs taking another 2 hours or so.  I use the toothpick test to see how the trimmings are coming along-easy in and out in the thickest part of each piece and it is finished.  As you know since the pieces are of different thicknesses they will finish at different times-put the thicker ones toward the back of the BGE as it is hotter back there.  Great eats and enjoy the cook.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    Options
    Ok so about halfway through a 321.  Awesome.
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA