Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Paella Pan???

2»

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,704

What time can I expect you in Evansville? May as well bring a pallet of ROCKWOOD while you are at it.
    No room on the truck with all that paella!!
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,458
    Thanks for the info guys. I am goin to order the typhoon off of amazon.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Many have touched on this - size matters!!  I would go small to start with.  14" or so is good - otherwise you end up needing to make more than 2 people can comfortably consume.  Read:$$$!!
    Santa Paula, CA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,480
    Ah but the left-overs are so worth it. As someone mentioned above-if going to the effort then make a batch.  Wish I had a bigger pan... :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I have the same pan as Little Steven.  In my opinion, you can never make too much paella.  I find it tastes even better the second time around.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    @stlcharcoal, I wish you and your mom were in my neighborhood, though you would make me look like a chump!  I wouldn't want to try to keep up!

Re TJ Max for pans, I have seen them there and at Marshall's, you just can't predict what you will find there.  If they have one, the price is good.  Amazon always has them if you need it "now".
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • stantrb
    stantrb Posts: 156
    I've seen carbon steel 15inchers at my local bed bath & beyond.
    Minimax and a wood-fired oven.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    World market
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,704
    Cookinbob said:
    @stlcharcoal, I wish you and your mom were in my neighborhood, though you would make me look like a chump!  I wouldn't want to try to keep up!

You need to move to the Midwest buddy......nice people here.  Come on over for some BBQ, cookies, shooting in the backyard, topped off with some moonshine from my other neighbor!

• Looking forward to summer and throwing a big Paella party. Any sources for the rental of a large (28"-35") Paella pan and burner?
  • lousubcap
    @jonessteave - no help with your query unless @SciAggie would loan you his.  The shipping would be substantial however.  
    BTW- welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    This thread hits home as I bought that Typhoon carbon steel 15.5" pan based on LS's recommendation.  It is a great paella cooker.  Every time I break it out I thank LS.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,787
    I'm not a big fan of seafood, so does anyone have a paella recipe they like?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    I have a Williams Sonoma 20inch and love it.  Seasoned and it's now non stick

Columbus, Ohio
  • lousubcap
    loco_engr said:
    I'm not a big fan of seafood, so does anyone have a paella recipe they like?
    You can throw anything you want in the mix. Any off seafood you prefer.  The star of the cook is the rice/socarrat and it doesn't care what you bring to the cook.  Give this link a look for a great primer:
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/paella/paella.htm  FWIW-