Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin and St Louis ribs this weekend

cothrift
cothrift Posts: 8
In the past 2 weeks I've done Baby back ribs and a whole pork butt, both slow cooked and both coming out fantastic. This weekend I am planning a party for around 20 people. I was thinking about doing 5 racks of St Louis ribs and a whole tenderloin (flirting with the idea of bacon wrapping as I've seen some do here). My plan is to cook both at the same time, indirect at 250ish for 5-6 hours 3-4 chunks of applewood. I've already learned the basics but since this is the first time to do these cuts of meats on the BGE I wanted to reach out for any helpful hints.

Thanks,
Cody

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,163

St Louis ribs generally take longer than baby backs so your time guesstimate for them is good.  The finish lindicators for the St  Louis ribs are the same as the BB's. 

Now for the tenderloin, it is very lean and will cook up to temp (around 140*F) in short order-no way it can go with the ribs.  I would either cook it by itself at around 350*F (raised direct) after the ribs are finished or toss it on when you think you have around 60-80 mins to go on the ribs.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.