Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cold smoked bacon

Options
I recently took a shot at bacon. I did a 7 day cure with a daily massage for the pork belly. I used my A-maze-n smoker in my LG egg with applewood pellets for 14 hours. It came out great. Check out the pics.

Comments

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Awesome!  I just finished eating my latest batch (maple cure w/ applewood via a-maze-n smoker) and already craving more . . good stuff! 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Looks great
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    For the finished product . . try cooking the bacon in the oven.  For me this works much better than a skillet as it allows more time to render the fat.

I put my homemade sliced bacon on a cold cookie sheet into a cold oven - crank the oven up to 400 and watch it until it looks crispy.  I also turn the cookie sheet once so it crisps up evenly.  

I know some people (alton brown) do this same method but instead of placing directly on the cold cookie sheet, they place it on a cooling rack placed in the cold cookie sheet.  I have tried both but did not find much difference, so I place it on the sheet direct for easier clean-up . . .  
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is”