Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Centered Egg in table

I wanted the egg to be centered, does limit work space to an extent so I just built the table larger. I think length is 60" if I remember correctly

Comments

• Beautiful, Very similar to mine!

2 LBGE's, Mathews Z7 Extreme putting meat in my EGG, Lovin life in South FL

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,966
    edited January 2014
    Nice
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,468
    marcfed said:
    I wanted the egg to be centered, does limit work space to an extent so I just built the table larger. I think length is 60" if I remember correctly
    When I first made my 60" table I too centered my large egg. Then later I modified and moved it to the side and added a small. I did need to replace my top boards of course. Then to make up for the lost space I added this fold down side piece so my BGE cover would still fit.

L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 799
    Egg in middle
  • marcfedmarcfed Posts: 47
    Love the idea of adding a fold down side piece. I have never thought about that.
  • aukerns08aukerns08 Posts: 253
    Love this idea with the Egg in the center.  Going to add this to my potential table designs.
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • I built my table longer as well but left it offset to allow for marble insert and left a little more room on the right side for cooking tools. Need to put my bottle opener on it,,

• marcfedmarcfed Posts: 47
    Looks good and Bottle opener is a necessary requirement even though the cheap beer I buy has twist off caps
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,266
    I think it looks great my only suggestion would be to move the tool hooks to the end of the table so your dirty tools aren't right where you stand while you're cooking. Just my 2cnts.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • canuck19canuck19 Posts: 53
    what size are the granite pieces
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,493
    Nice and ample prep area from the looks of it.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • ToxarchToxarch Posts: 1,581
    Looks good. The granite looks like remnants from a bathroom sink cutout.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 799
    Check for a stainless grab bar like in showers that you could put on end of table. It could double as a handle or towel/tool hanger