Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SV Rack of lamb, red wine reduction, with grilled romaine... best egged meal yet.

Options
2»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I haven't done lamb shanks yet. I normally do them in a tajine and the results are awesome. I've done confit duck leg quarters but I didn't use enough duck fat. Want to try pork spares too. It's a lot of foresight to be ready for dinner two or three days in advance.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Charlesmaneri
    Options
    thats a grand slam for sure the lamb looks insane !!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    I am thankful for the SV posts made here that got me on board. It's a great tool. For the game last night I took a frozen thick cut prime ribeye from costco, slit open the vacuum bag and added kosher salt, coarse ground pepper, and some leftover beef stock, threw it back in the freezer to let it harden, pulled it out and resealed it, and plopped it in the SV Demi for 3-4-ish hours at 140. Tasted just like a perfect medium prime rib.
    Gittin' there...
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    LS - I'm not the most organized person, but if I can figure out what can cook for 24hrs, 48hrs, 72hrs then I could load it up on the weekend and have meals almost ready when i get home on Mon, Tues, Wed. This is wishful thinking - I don't know if it is logistically feasible. 

@FearlessTheEggNoob - that sounds good! I haven't tried any kind of liquid in the bag yet, so I'll that on the list of SV experiements to try.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.