Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My New years plate.

Options
Happy New Year everybody!image
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Man that looks good.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Thanks @CPARKTX My wife wanted pasta so I did what I've done for the last few nights and augmented the comfort food with some egged goodness.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Options
    Nice work!  Not a combo I see a lot but I would love it.  Enjoy!

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    @lakewade you are too busy enjoying the best brisket that Cen-Tex can make so combos aren't something you would be privy too. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I'll take a plate of that. Looks damn good.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    That works for me!!  In fact, that's a very familiar combination in Omaha.  Many of the "old school" steak houses are owned by Italians and to this day they serve a side of spaghetti or mostaccioli with every steak dinner / main course.  There are several bars I can think of that have steak and spaghetti specials for lunch.  What you have there is about as good as it gets in my book!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Everything tastes better with a Husker win :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Scottborasjr
    edited January 2014
    Options
    @BOWHUNR yeah the pasta with steak kind of started in my first real apartment in college.  Had a Italian room mate and every Monday was "Godfather/Sopranos" night.  He'd do the sauce and pasta, I'd do the steak.  This was further reinforced when I met my bride as her family ate at Cascio's, Angie's,  and Caniglia's often.  Cascio's was their favorite and I'm not even sure it's still open.  Haven't been there in years. 

@NPHuskerFL Yes, the crab legs were a celebratory purchase after the victory. 
    ;)
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    My wife and I did a lobster gram the other day, because of ups it was a day late and one lobster had died, but the kobe steak was awesome lol. We were refunded, check them out.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Looks great! Just did steak, crab legs, taters, and green beans tonight!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota