Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How broke 'til I can't use it?

Options
2»

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    edited January 2014
    Options
    @Cazzy. .He hasn't moved yet. No, I've been to the Daniels distillery. I want to do the bourbon tour in Kentucky.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    henapple so you took the tour of the Jack Daniels Distillery I would think that was pretty cool but from what I understand the Distillery is in a dry county so I guess no samples at the end of the tour is this correct ?
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    henapple said:

Tx...you should hook up with @Cazzy.

Hen, are you match making again?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    @henapple You need to go taste some Barrel Select. Delicious.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

henapple so you took the tour of the Jack Daniels Distillery I would think that was pretty cool but from what I understand the Distillery is in a dry county so I guess no samples at the end of the tour is this correct ?

They've changed that. I believe they either do samples or sell some.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • laserdoc85
    laserdoc85 Posts: 577
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I did my first clean burn about two months ago on a 13 year old MBG. Sort of miss the old taste it produced being that black and gooy. Probably won't do another one. Now I have to cook another 13 years on it to get the old taste I had back into it. Oh well,,, I have had other eggs in the past ,,like 20 years ago that had broken rings and fire boxes. They still cooked just fine. I won't worry about it to much. Still get a replacement piece but you could just stick it on the shelf and save it and cook on the broken one. Over time all the black egg resin will hold it together anyway..
    I'm glad I live close to the mother ship in tucker if I ever really need something,,I just would bring it in and walk out with a new piece.
    Got my first egg from Frank back in 1985. On my third egg and never even heard of a clean burn until 2 months ago when I found this forum. Figure I would try one and sort wish I had left well enough alone,cause I lost some taste
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg