Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nutty Chocolate Pig Candy (Bacon)

Options
2»

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    What's the chocolate, just melted down chips and evaporated milk?

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,043
    Options
    @Brisket_Fanatic We always picked up a tray of chocolate bark from the grocery store 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • herbu
    herbu Posts: 125
    Options
    Boy this looks good.  Found it while rooting around for Pig Candy.  I did some very thick sliced pork belly from Costco the other day.  ~300F indirect for probably a couple hours.  They were crispy and delicious.  Been thinking about doing again for pork candy.  Maybe mix a little more seasoning in the brown sugar because the pork is uncured.  Has anybody tried that?
    Of all the lies I tell, "Just kidding" is my favorite.

XLBGE, Jordan Lake, NC
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Wowzer!
    Snellville, GA

• WeberWho
    Options
    herbu said:
    Boy this looks good.  Found it while rooting around for Pig Candy.  I did some very thick sliced pork belly from Costco the other day.  ~300F indirect for probably a couple hours.  They were crispy and delicious.  Been thinking about doing again for pork candy.  Maybe mix a little more seasoning in the brown sugar because the pork is uncured.  Has anybody tried that?
    @herbu I recommend the chocolate. It brings them to a whole new level. They work great for holiday potlucks. They also seemed to be a hit at Midwest Eggfest as samples this year. I had one lady who was super embarrassed to ask for seconds. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Wowzer!
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan When bacon is too healthy for you! ;)  

Minnesota
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Wowzer!
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan When bacon is too healthy for you! ;)  
    I like the way you think Weber. I'm guessing you are not a cardiologist  =)
    Snellville, GA

• herbu
    herbu Posts: 125
    Options
    WeberWho said:I had one lady who was super embarrassed to ask for seconds. 
    @WeberWho Ha!!!  Embarrassed to ask for seconds?!?  Now THAT'S the kind of place I like... less competition for seconds!!!
    Of all the lies I tell, "Just kidding" is my favorite.

XLBGE, Jordan Lake, NC
  • WeberWho
    Options
    herbu said:
    WeberWho said:I had one lady who was super embarrassed to ask for seconds. 
    @WeberWho Ha!!!  Embarrassed to ask for seconds?!?  Now THAT'S the kind of place I like... less competition for seconds!!!
    Exactly! @herbu Seconds shouldn't be embarrassing. I take it as a compliment

Minnesota