Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Crown Roast "Kinda"

Options
Grillmagic
Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
I ask my butcher to tie me a Crown Roast for 14 people, I ask for 14/16 bones and below is what I got 29 bones and enough for 29 people which was way to much so I cut it up an froze half for later. It was great but way to BIG, He tied it up beautilly and it would have made a great spare tire.
Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Wow...that looks nice. Were you able to get the remaining half in a circle or are you just gonna go "rack of pork"?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options

Wow...that looks nice. Were you able to get the remaining half in a circle or are you just gonna go "rack of pork"?

Hey Smokeypitt, I already cooked it and I opted for a "rack of pork" the chops ended up being 12/14 ounces each and they were Great. I lubed them up with a little EVOO and Dizzy Pigged the dickens out of them. No pictures on the finale but if you have cooked on a egg you already know it was great and it was. 270 dome and 3/4 chunks of apple to 140. I Highly recommend.
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Hey Smokeypitt, I already cooked it and I opted for a "rack of pork" the chops ended up being 12/14 ounces each and they were Great. I lubed them up with a little EVOO and Dizzy Pigged the dickens out of them. No pictures on the finale but if you have cooked on a egg you already know it was great and it was. 270 dome and 3/4 chunks of apple to 140. I Highly recommend.
    Best way to do pork IMHO

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I like the look of that rolled up pigginess

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.