Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef short ribs

Options
Aviator
Aviator Posts: 1,757
edited December 2013 in Beef

Came out really well and thought I would post it.

Confession: pilfered from Kristi's blog.

After a few weeks of relentless work, military, work blah blah ... finally have a few days off. Woke up from a deep slumber with one thing in my mind - beef ribs.

:D

So went to Publix and had the "butcher" cut me some new ones that he pulled from his cave.

This is what I got:

A little overzealous dusting of the rub and on to the egg, indirect. I did bone side down all the way at 275-300 all the way to IT 190. ~ 6hrs total.

Made some delicious "wokked onions, green peas and cumin seed concoction , tossed in some white basmati rice.

Family made the asparagus and the Black bean soup from Hilah's Kitchen inside meanwhile.

A very tasty meal overall. If you have not tried the BBsoup, it should be on your list.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Nice cook but talk about the rice and peas/onions please (if it is rice and peas).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Troglodyte
    Options
    Looks good !  I love beef ribs.  Nice plating too.   =D>
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Albuquerque, NM
    Large BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Very nice ribs, one of my favorites.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Nice work!  The entire meal looks amazing.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Nice cook but talk about the rice and peas/onions please (if it is rice and peas).
    Mickey, its really very simple. Lots of red onions sliced thin and a whole pot of frozen green peas. Get the wok smoking, add some peanut oil and throw the onions in. Swirl it around at HIGH heat wide open and when they are just starting to show a little brown at the edges, add the peas and keep wokkin till the peas actually shrink. No water at all. Add salt and 2 tsp. of cumin seeds, and a tsp of fresh ground black pepper. Add 3 cups of cooked rice and toss it all up.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Thank you Sir. Lots of the best are really very simple.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Cymbaline65
    Options
    Love, love, love me some beef ribs! Good work!
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Stellar plate! Those ribs look great. I think you have invented the first "wokked on the egg" pulao? Aviator Method...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.