Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First reverse sear: pork chops

Options
I figured it was high time I tried the reverse sear and what better way than some cheap pork chops....yup, as with everything else I've learned from y'all, it worked better than expected. They were really juicy and tender. I went 300ish indirect for a while then seared them. No thermometer so it was guessing at best. (Wife better come through for Christmas) potatoes and beans on the stove to acc. And of course plenty of Yuengling to wash it all down. Woo hoo hope y'all have a good weekend!
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 

Comments

• Charlesmaneri
    Options
    looks like you nailed it great looking cook !!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    That looks great. Now that you've tasted the goodness, try a really thick chop, say about 2 1/2 to 3 inches. Wait until you get the therm though. It will blow your mind.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
    500 Posts: 3,177
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Looks good. Hopefully Santa will put a splash proof backlit Thermapen in your stocking. Good choice on the beer as well. Yuengling Light is my workhorse brew.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009