Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison Chili with a twist

Options
Was informed last night as I was falling asleep that I was making venison chili for the inlaws tonight. I had some steaks that had been in he freezer that I wanted to chicken fry but the chili trumped it. Not to worry I have some more in the freezer for chicken fried steak one night.

Ground my steaks with the KA and stared sautéing up some onions and garlic, tossed in the meat and coated it down with Chugwater chili (look it up, it's famous In Wyoming). I added a Jalapeño and then two roasted Hatch Chilies. Poured a beer in for good luck.

Got the egg stabilized at 275 with my new bag of Rockwood and went indirect. I love the Rockwood it lit fast and held temp great. Thank god I have 5 more bags of the stuff. And cooked for around 6 hours

Now came the part I have never done, I added beans to my chili. Never have because when I was younger I asked my Papa why we didn't have beans in our chili, I get the response (that's what Yankees do and we are southerners!) Well those words have stuck in my mind and have always gone bean less.
Since the chili was for my in laws and the are from upstate NY I had to comply. Also they bought me all brand new LE Creuset dish ware so I was repaying the gesture.

The in laws were amazed and had two helpings apiece, I introduced them to Fritos on the chili and they loved it. I think my Papa would of understood, God rest his soul.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments