Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Foodsaver meals

2»

Comments

• Thanks @henapple It's just something I've never done before and didn't know if freezing the already cooked meat would dry it out so much it would be unusable.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Mu wife's does a great hamburger starter... A foundation for chili, lasagna, etc... I'll try to get the recipe.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    FearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 888
    edited November 2013
    This will probably sound pretty lame, but I put some fresh broccoli with a scoop of butter and a few shakes of kosher salt in foodsaver bag. 1.5 hr later @185 in the sous vide and it was delicious. I put the leftovers in the fridge and nuked it the next day and it was still very tasty. (and I normally can only stand broccoli in Chinese food) It also seems to cut down on my salt intake because the cooking method seemed to intensify the flavor.

Best wishes for your friend.
    Gittin' there...
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Fearless, that's funny. I love the broccoli at one of the restaurants I work for. Ziploc, butter, broccoli and boil. When I say butter... I mean butter. Great idea. Wonder raw how long it would take?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • @henapple any luck on that hamburger starter?  I'm just really curious. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • As a refrigeration technician I would recommend an alarm on freezers. I have had people loose whole freezers of game animals.  also get rid of the GFCI outlets.  Google the Interweb for alarms Supco makes a few 
  • All garage outlets are supposed to be GFCI by code, I believe. With that said, I have a sub panel in my garage that I installed for the workshop. None of those outlets are GFCI.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,806
    @henapple - meatballs. They freeze better/last longer if frozen in sauce. Boil pasta and you have dinner. Did that exactly last night. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The only non GFCI outlet in our garage was the outlet for the garage door opener. So, I ran an extension cord along the ceiling to our freezer.

Thanks for the quarter trick.