Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SET YOUR HOME ALARMS! OT

2»

Comments

• Travis,

A co worker of mine (former Texan) bought a Patriot Safe a while back , says he is real appy with the service he got.

Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Where was VI? Just asking what everyone was thinking.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey said:
    Where was VI? Just asking what everyone was thinking.
    I was at an appointment with my parole officer.  You can contact him.  He has the same name as my brother, but that's just a big coincidence.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I just found out I am under insured. Huge sad face!

I thought I had way more than enough but there are limits on jewelry and guns. They would pay up to 100k on furniture or electronics but only 1k on jewelry and 2.5k on guns. Time to change insurance people. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    sorry to hear about this, but at least the bright side is that only material goods were lost. 

Re: home insurance, often jewelry and some other items can be covered more adequately with a rider which list specifically the special items and their replacement value. If you do end up looking for a new insurer, you'll get the best rate by having more than one line of coverage (i.e. house, car, boat, etc.all with the same company). We have used GEICO for the past 15 years or so  - best rates and best service.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    When you start setting stuff up again, categorize everything with photos and receipts. Keep it in a binder at work, in-laws, etc. I did this after my car was broken into and it saved my ass the second time it was broken into/stolen.