Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT I bought a Weber today. (1 of 2)

Options
2»

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    I was expecting that you'd bought a gas Weber...

I sold my Weber Genesis this past spring for $50, and now realize I'd used the metal top to set the hot grill, the hot platesetter, the daisy wheel, etc.
    Now I'm looking at a steel food prep table from Amazon... for $100.  d'Oh!!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• vapilotda
    vapilotda Posts: 22
    edited October 2013
    Options

The Weber Kettle is great. I've had my kettle for about 8 yrs and the extra couple bucks for the ash catcher instead of the pan is well worth the money. It's been a great grill and learning tool.  I do miss the lack two zone cooking when I got large BGE. I still use the kettle at times but recently scored an XL off of craigslist for $400. I haven't even fired it up yet but am hoping that I can get that two zone cooking with the ceramic grill store divider brackets. Anyone have a comparison between the two, IE can you rock two zone cooking pretty effectively on the XL like the kettle? So as of right now, my wife is calling me a grill hoarder with a kettle, large and XL BGE on the deck.

large and XL BGE in Richmond, VA
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    I too piled them-up on one, or both sides, of my kettle when roasting meat and I wanted it cooked indirect. The XL is is the same.  I just pile up the coals on 1 side in the XL for two zone cooking.  The metal divider looks neat, but really isn't all that necessary. 
    vapilotda said:

The Weber Kettle is great. I've had my kettle for about 8 yrs and the extra couple bucks for the ash catcher instead of the pan is well worth the money. It's been a great grill and learning tool.  I do miss the lack two zone cooking when I got large BGE. I still use the kettle at times but recently scored an XL off of craigslist for $400. I haven't even fired it up yet but am hoping that I can get that two zone cooking with the ceramic grill store divider brackets. Anyone have a comparison between the two, IE can you rock two zone cooking pretty effectively on the XL like the kettle? So as of right now, my wife is calling me a grill hoarder with a kettle, large and XL BGE on the deck.

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • vapilotda
    Options
    Ragtop99 said:
    I too piled them-up on one, or both sides, of my kettle when roasting meat and I wanted it cooked indirect. The XL is is the same.  I just pile up the coals on 1 side in the XL for two zone cooking.  The metal divider looks neat, but really isn't all that necessary. 
    vapilotda said:

That's definitely good to know. I've been out of town for the past week and half with work and am looking forward to firing it up this weekend.
    large and XL BGE in Richmond, VA