Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lodge...

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Stopped by the Lodge outlet in South Pittsburgh TN. Omg, they have everything. Picked up a skillet and bread pan. The skillet is 3/8 of an inch too big at the handles so I'll have to adjust that. It looks exactly like a paella pan... Yes, I will try it. They also sell Bge.. No deals though.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Nice score!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    the paella pan don't look like cast iron is it ?

2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Yes. It's a skillet. I'm researching ci paella. They say consistent heat is necessary... That's ci.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    henapple said:
    Yes. It's a skillet. I'm researching ci paella. They say consistent heat is necessary... That's ci.
    Was at that store about 12 years ago... you're right, more CI stuff than I could imagine.

The other thing about an actual paella pan is that it will have dimples all over the bottom (think golf ball). This allows liquid to easily go under the rice for better and more even absorption. I've never used a smooth bottomed pan for making paella so not sure how that will affect the final product.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Last time I was there, got me one of those personalized 'branding irons'. Fun for guests when you brand their steaks!
    Hendersonville, TN.