Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Legs on the Large (lotta pics)

I started off with prepping a marinade consisting of: EVOO, rosemary, basil, thyme, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Inserted garlic slivers and rosemary into a semi-boneless leg of lamb: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
The leg & marinade were combined and vacuum sealed and allowed to marinate overnight. The next day the lamb went onto the Large Egg at about 350 with some pecan for smoke. About 45 mins later some leg quarters joined the party: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
And then the upper grid went in with some veggies (potatoes, carrots, red onions, garlic, and a couple of yams): Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Leg quarters were finished & removed: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Removed the PS Woo2 and grids to get to the Small CI on the spider underneath for a quick sear to finish the lamb: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Pulled the lamb at 130 and it rose a little while resting: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Put the legs together on a platter and thought it looked a little too full: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Sliced off a section of the lamb: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Cut some slices of lamb and put them on the platter of legs: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
And then presented this platter to my wife who temporarily isn't eating meat: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I may be sleeping in the doghouse now but at least I ate well! Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Humphrey's Weekender, Superior Smokers SS-Two, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• HAHA, that is awesome @R2Egg2Q! You're on a roll with the lamb. Great pics, thanks for the post.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,003
    Great cook! I was planning on cooking some lamb this weekend too

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.