Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another New Egghead

Been lurking for a while, learning and absorbing. My name is Noble, live in north DFW, Tx. Saw my first egg about 7 years ago and wanted one ever since I tasted the results. Finally got one back in June, first cook was in August. I've been picking smokinsooner's brain lately and he directed me here. Looking forward to learning more and giving advice where I can!
Large BGE. It's only the beginning...

Comments

• Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Welcome.. Enjoy it1

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• welcome aboard  enjoy the ride !!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Been loving it so far. I'm about 6 cooks into it and have been floored with what comes out. Prior, I'd try to do chicken on either a gasser or oven and it was always dry and tough. Put down 4 big old chicken breasts on Monday, hit it at about 275° indirect on orange wood for about an hour til it reached 160° internal. It was tender and juicy. The wife was very happy and that is what matters!
  • I waited a little longer than  you did to finally buy a BGE. I saw my first one sometime in the middle 70's at the Pachinko House on Clairmont Road in Atlanta. I remember they were always cooking something and they had a cat that lived in the store and seemed to be very well fed. I bought a Pachinko Machine then but for some reason waited until a few months ago to get an XL Big Green Egg.

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

• It was definately worth the wait for me. I'm a little older and more patient now. I think I would have been too hasty even just a few years ago.

I have pictures of my cooks, I just cannot upload them at work. If I remember, I will post them later on.

• I always wanted a BGE but never wanted to pull the trigger you know with all the other expences of a house and a wife and 3 children  and just lack of extra cash but then on Christmas my wife and children chipped in and they bought me my 1st LBGE and Im getting my 2nd LBGE at Eggtoberfeast in 3 weeks I couldn't resist at $750.00  my family paid like $1100.00 for my 1st with a plate setter ,nest and a cover I would be a fool not to buy the 2nd 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Welcome to another Texan. Glad you found us. Also save the date: March 15 for the Salado EggFest ( just see below in my sig).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• AequitasVeritas
    AequitasVeritas Posts: 15
    edited September 2013

My wife suprised me with it for Father's Day, even though we only have fuzzy children. We moved in July so I left it in the box til August. That was the hardest 2 months ever seeing the BGE box in the garage...

I'd spring on a $750 LBGE any day of the week!

Missed your post, Mickey. I've been reading the blog since I found out about this forum last week. I'll definitely try, depends on the wife since her bday is in March.

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Welcome and enjoy.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Welcome aboard! Enjoy.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Welcome. Induce pregnancy around the first of March, move mother in law in, come to Salado and plan on cooking.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Welcome to the best club I have ever belonged too.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • txav8r
    txav8r Posts: 153

Welcome aboard!  We sure have a good representation from Texas!  I bought my egg from a place in Carrollton Texas called Natural Selections.  They don't have a big egg display, and sell them a good bit cheaper than the other places (PM me for what I paid...more than a C note less than mentioned above for just the LBGE) in the metroplex.  They are dealer but they sell via a CL ad mainly.  Here is their numbers...ask for Suzy and tell them Mel sent you.

Phone: 972-417-1920  ext. 217

Just far enough north of DFW to be "rural"...and close enough to be urban, depending on my mood.
  • I will definitely have to check them out, @txav8r. I'm off of 380 near 423, about 30 minutes from Carrollton. 
  • Here's my first cook, boston butt, sliced and pulled. Second was my cook on Monday, citrus chicken breast. 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited September 2013
    Welcome to the group. Come to the Plano fest and see what is cooking. Lots of good cooks with lots of ideas and always willing to answer questions
    Here is the link: http://www.planooutlaweggfest.com
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Welcome to journey. And glad to have another Texan onboard. 
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited September 2013
    Great Handle.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.
  • @Eggcelsior, I was wondering when someone would realize what it was :)

I am planning on going to Plano Eggfest as its pretty dang close, just have to make sure nothing conficts with it.